It's been a very long day. Xander is doing great! The whites of his eyes are almost completely white and he is less yellow every hour. It is truly amazing. He is stable and they are very happy with his labs.
He's so swollen which is normal but overall he looks good. He doesn't look like a baby who just had surgery 24hrs ago. He's woken up a few times and tried to fight the vent. He's got a lot of spunk under the haze of the pain meds. He gets aggitated when he sees us. He wants us to pick him up. I feel terrible. I want to so bad. I just try to reassure him everything will be ok. We have to make it brief when we visit or else his aggitation gets worse and he starts to cry. Most of the time we sneak in and then sneak out without waking him.
I could never have hoped for this miracle. We were blessed to have Xander and then blessed again by the donor family who has given our baby a second chance at life. They will be in our hearts forever.
xxxooo
5 comments:
I have been waiting all day for
some news and what GREAT news it is. That kids a fighter. Keep it up Xander!
Lots of hugs. yasmin and scott
I have been waiting to hear how he is doing! What wonderful news! I am so happy for you! Isn't just amazing how fast their little livers start to work and how fast those eyes turn white! All the best.
Jennifer Wallace
www.brookemariewallace.com
Oh, Blair. Wonderful, wonderful news.
That's great news his eyes are becoming white. Thinking of you always
That's wonderful news. I am SO glad he is improving by the hour. You will be able to hold him soon!
Post a Comment