I am totally slacking on the posts. Sorry! It's been a busy day.
My brother and his family swung by to see Xander and for some yummy hospital cafeteria lunch. Mmmm. Hot dogs and chicken strips. ;) They had Linc with them. It was great to see him. My littlest niece, Grace, is a walking machine. She is such a pumpkin. And her big sis', Lucy, is a pistol. She is so much fun! I had a good time with them all.
Xander is doing well. His vitals are still good and his numbers continue to move in the right direction. We had an unfortunate screw up with the pain meds. He was taken completely off them for hours this morning. They only gave it to him when he needed it. HE HAD MAJOR SURGERY PEOPLE! He should have been on a drip. The were not in the chart or whatever lame excuse they used. I was so upset for him. He was so miserable at times I could barely stand it. Thank goodness the PICU hooked him up with some meds until pain could get there to write a proper script.
Picture time.
~time for surgery
~Ron taking Xander in.

~one quick pic before heading into the room.
~the face of exhaustion.
~cards to help pass the time.
~people calling to find out what's going on.
~ worried, worried.
~finally, it's done.
~straight after surgery.
~ today. crappy pic color but Xander is much, much less yellow.

10 comments:
Awesome Pics! I am sorry Xander was in some pain today! I am so happy though he is progressing so well! That is awesome news!! All the Best, my prayers are still with you and your family!\
Jennifer
www.brookemariewallace.com
I cannot believe how much his color improved in such a short period of time! I swear I could hear his body giving out a sigh of relief as the bile leaves his body. Thanks again for the wonderful pictures. You should do a liver transplant picture book when all is normal. Have a good night and we will continue to pray.
Love,
The Browns
I agree you take such awesome pictures and have such a great eye, your pictures tell an amazing story! You need to compile them into a book! I am SO glad X is still doing wonderfully but boo on what happened this morning, I am glad they got it fixed! Before you know it he will be sititng up and playing again like nothing ever happened!
Thanks for sharing so much Blair and Ron it's so wonderful to see how he's doing. His colour really has changed. That's a very tidy wound which is great.
Shocking about the pain med grrr
Now that is a battle wound! :) Just proves what a fighter he is. I think his color looks a lot better. I am so glad you are taking pictures to document everything, you are so good at that. They tell the story.
I'm so glad they got his pain meds straightend out. Xander looks awesome. He's going to have an awesome scar that all the ladies will dig when he gets older! :)
Xander looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics and information w/ us. It'll just get better by the day now!
Though we love to be "in the know" on what's happening, I think you have a pretty good excuse to "slack on posts"! Thank you so much for keeping us informed. We have Xander on our minds constantly here at our home. I am so so so happy for you all and this precious gift that has been given to Xander (and the family!!!). I am sorry to hear about the pain meds!!! That is just terrible. Glad they got that sorted.
Thinking of you!
Tyson, Brie and Avery
The scar is one of such beauty and strength. My heart smiles with each and every post learning how well he is doing.
Continuing to pray for a smooth recovery (with pain meds!),
Robert, Ana and Savannah (Warrior Princess!)
Aw Blair! I am SO glad this part is behind you. You captured it well as always and Xander looks like such a sweetheart. I am truly itching to hug that kid myself!
Post a Comment