Pages

October 19 - 8:19pm

Today we finally got to hold Xander!! It was so great to have my little boy in my arms again. I don't know if it's just me but he seems so long to me. It's like he grew a few inches in the past couple of days. I think it's an illusion because he's big. He is wicked heavy because of the fluid in him. They are hoping it will drain off in a couple of days.

He got the two IV's in either side of his neck pulled today. He also got his catheter pulled and last night he had another IV pulled. I'm excited because the more things they take out, the lesser the risk of infection. Two IV's to go.

His surgeon said to start him on my pedialyte through a bottle. He wasn't interested. If he doesn't eat orally than they'll just put it through his ng-tube. Yes, he still has it. He may have it for a little while when he goes home so we can supplement him until he's at a nice weight.

Let's see, oh! He pooped all over me today. He's back! haha It was a nice dark color which I haven't seen out of him. Ever. This is so great because that means things are moving down there.

The docs are happy with his progress. He might even be sent to the floor tomorrow! I am praying that happens.

Great things are happening.

Hugs!
xxxooo

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told your dad today that I couldn't wait for you to hold him. Glad to see it happened!
You know, hugs and kisses are the BEST medicine. :)
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your family! Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how great it felt to finally hold him again.
we are so happy to see him doing so well. I am sure he doesn't feel like eating much right know,
having been through major surgery.
give him some time and I am sure he will get his appetite back.
make sure you guys get some rest also. thanks for all the post. It makes us feel like we are right there with you guys.
Lot of Hugs yasmin and scott

Anonymous said...

Blair, he is doing so good, that is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys! All the best!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I am smiling about most... the fact that you got to hold him or the color of his poop! Only a mom of a baby newly free of biliary atresia celebrates brown poop! WOO! HOO! So happy for all of you!! Don't worry about him eating. That will come. Allie is living proof of that.

Continuing to pray for you,

The Browns

Suburban mummy & Co said...

well that is fantastic go Xander!!!

Brie said...

Awesome news Blair! Glad to hear that everything is moving in the right direction with that little fighter of yours!!! :)
Tyson Brie and Aver

Candi said...

I'm so glad he's doing so well!

The Bean said...

I'm so happy for all of you. Xander is such a big brave boy! Know your in our thoughts and prayers.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOOO For dark Poops!!!! Those are the BEST ones to wear all over you!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just read Allison's comment...and started to laugh!!! Again, WOOHOOOO for the brown poop!!! Way to go Xander!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant Terri's comment...guess Allison is to young to type :)

Joy said...

Great news! I can't wait to keep hearing more and more good news.

Jennifer H. said...

HUGE smile on my face after reading that update. Thank you for keeping your blog updates for all the Xander fans out there. :)

SO very happy for you all.