Pages

NG-tube

It's back. I am so not happy. I have been avoiding it the past two months because I have been in denial that Xander can't gain weight on his own. Transplant should have fixed it. Right? Well, it's better but not great. Xander only gained two ounces last month, hence the ng-tube.

I hate it. I just hate it! I hate inserting it. I hate that it irritates him. I hate that it makes him gag. I hate the tape all over his face that makes him sore. I hate the way it looks. I hate the stares we get. Mostly I hate the fact that we aren't rid of it. I thought this would be a distant memory.

WHY?!? WHY?!? WHY?!?

I sure hope it does what it needs to do and fast. My patience with the Captain (pump) is practically nil.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Blair, I am sorry you are dealing with this yet again. Someday this will be a distant memory, but for now, it sucks. Thinking of you guys!

Anonymous said...

It sucks, I think mostly the stares, remember people stare for so many reasons mostly I think the don't understand and they are so curious. I am guilty of it I try not to, but I always wonder "what's their story" I hope he puts some weight on.

Anonymous said...

nominated you for a little award on my blog check it out!