Pages

Hello All Children's. Nice to meet you. I think.

Tonight was the first night in a really long time since we had to take Xander to the ER. He hasn't been feeling good. He's had some diarrhea and a rotten fever this week. Lincoln had the same thing so we weren't too concerned about it. However, protocol demands we take him in to get checked once his fever reaches a certain level and won't come down with normal methods.

So that's what happened today. Xander had a temp of 102.6 and with Tylenol it dropped to 102. It was stubborn and we couldn't get it to come down any further. Due to this, off to the hospital we went.

We hadn't been to this hospital. I mean we have been to All Children's in St Petersburg but this is a brand spanking new facility. It was super nice. New everything and it was so clean. I'm used to old facilities where the rooms are small and the place just looks worn. It's like the life got sucked out of the building. Depressing. Not this hospital. It felt light and bright and full of life.

When we got to the ER, they gave a little spot away from the other patients (THANK YOU!) and hurried us back quickly. It was nice not to have to wait long in the ER. Believe it or not, ER's can be slow places if you're not a life or death case or, I guess, a transplantee.

Once in a room, they asked a bunch of questions and got up to speed with what was going on with Xander. Bing, bam, boom and labs are drawn and back before you know it. Things went super fast. They knew what they were doing. I was a little nervous because I hadn't taken Xander anywhere but Hopkins but All Children's was on it and knew what they were doing. I feel much better now if anything major were to happen. I don't really want to find out so fingers crossed nothing does.

Anyway, our little guy is back home. Turbo is doing great and Xander is feeling more like himself. We can go through the weekend knowing nothing major is wrong and it's just a stubborn virus he can't shake. He will though. It's just going to take a little time.

I love normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear it was just a virus!! Yes...normal visits to the ER are so comforting! I get it! =)

Hope Xander is feeling better soon! Thinking of you guys!

Hugs,
Jen & Brooke Wallace