Maybe you'll remember the sickies we've been having for the past two months? Well, it hasn't gotten better. Xander hasn't improved since the beginning of March and I had a encounter with food poisoning. Ron and Linc have been great, thank God. I don't think I could handle all of us being sick at once.
So me...we had friends, Sonja and Omar, in town last week and it is completely their fault why I got sick. One night we were going to meet up for dinner but we had to go sooner rather than later because the kids were starving. Our D.I.N.K. friends weren't able to pull themselves away from the pool, ;), so we had to come up with Plan B...Burger King.
I don't know what was in that cheeseburger but it will be a long, long time before I eat there again. I felt likt I was going to die. Days and days of puking and dirrhea do not make for a good time. Although, if you're looking for a quick, painful, unhealthy way to lose weight, food poisoning is it.
As for Xander, his labs have been a mess. The virus he got in the beginning of March has really wreaked havoc on his little system. The virus came with a nice, little, erratic fever that sent him to the ER to get a full looksy by the docs. Since then he's had a ton of labs done. His hemoglobin and hematocrit are very low. His EBV got high and just yesterday fell down into normal or let's say 'not worrisome' levels. He's been getting his cytogam infusions for two weeks now so hopefully that's what's helping reduce his levels. He has two more to go.
Last Friday, his labs came back miserable. He was super dehydrated. :( So all weekend we pumped that kid full of Gatorade. It didn't matter if he wanted to drink it or not, he had no choice. It was Gatorade or nothing. We must have done good because yesterday his labs came back fairly normal!
The docs are also testing his stool to figure what the heck is going on with all this diarrhea. It was originally thought it was because of the virus but I don't think they know what is really happening now. 85% of the studies are coming back negative so while I'd hoped they'd have found something it looks like they may find nothing. So what do we do then...look at another food allergy? I dunno.
Xander will also be having a cat scan this week to check for PTLD. I am worried because his EBV has been so high. Even though his levels came back low this week doesn't mean next week they won't be back up. So I asked them to order a cat scan which they have done. I don't know when the scan is but hopefully we can get it done this week.
Oh and I totally forgot, this Friday I will be going in for a sinus shaving. I have a deviated septum and it needs to be fixed because I am constantly miserable and get sinusitus WAY TOO MUCH. Don't ask me how I got a deviated septum. I have never had a broken nose that I know of so I guess it's just the way I was born. I can't believe it's taken me this long to do something about it. I'm not a big fan of surgery and have put this off for years. It's time now. I can't take it any more.
Wish us luck with our procedures and results!
Oh and hey, it's Donate Life month. Have you registered to be an organ donor yet? I mean if you have the power to save a life, wouldn't you?
2 comments:
Praying for both you and Xander's procedures!!
SO HAPPY his EBV levels are down!!
YEAHHH XANDER!!!!
Smiles,
Jennifer & Brooke =)
goodness me. Really is this for attention lol
Poor you I once lost 4 kilos over night from FP it's so nasty I hope you are recovering and for Xander too!
Post a Comment