Pages

First real day of school.

My little, big, independent boy's first school pic.


Friday was just a practice run. Today was Linc's real first day without me. I drove him to the school and as soon as we got out of the car we saw a rainbow! It was so vivid and colorful. It was Linc's first rainbow. I took it as a very good sign.

We began to walk to his class. As we were walking he said, 'Mom, I can do this', meaning he can walk to his classroom by himself. I was thinking he was going to need at least of week of escorting but apparently I was wrong. I still walked him the rest of the way.

When we got there, the kids were sitting in their seats coloring. He had to find his name and get settled. When he found it and I was kicked to the curb. He sat down and didn't even say 'see ya'. So I squated down next to him, told him to be a good boy, listen to his teacher and to have lots of fun. I kissed him on his head and then out the door I went. Not a tear shed by either us. Guess that's good. He has gone to daycare when he was 2 but he's older now. I thought there might be a little more resistance. A little more, please Mom don't go! Nope.

I'm still going to take him in for the rest of the week. I believe he can get to class by himself but I want him to understand the routine. Walk in, hang up your book bag, find your seat and start the activity his teachers, Ms. Debbie and Ms. Robin, have laid out for him. Then I'll let him do it by himself.

Of course that pic above didn't come without a lot of coersion and begging.




Xander couldn't control himself either.




So we decided to take funny face pics! :=)

2 comments:

KenConnolly said...

WOW! I can't believe he is going to school--last time I saw him he was only a few months old. Time goes by fast. Good work being a strong mom and not crying at the school.
Lots of love-
G

Margaça said...

Funny pictures!They are so big!