Pages

What a day.

We (all of us) went to Hopkins yesterday morning so Xander could see an allergist. His GI’s are thinking he may have some food allergies because of his diarrhea and the several incidents’ of hives. I am not conviced he has food allergies. When they did his endoscopy back in February, they were looking for them. They found CMV but no allergies. But sometimes things can slip through the cracks so I did want the allergist to test him just to be sure.

They did some skin testing at the visit. I didn’t think they would because he’s still little and too busy to sit still for any amount of time. I was wrong. He did just fine. They quickly scratched his arm and said he could do whatever just as long as he didn’t scratch his arm. Easy. Actually very easy. As it turned out, keeping him from scratching his arm wasn’t a problem. Xander didn’t have any reactions. They tested for milk, eggs, wheat, and few other things. The allergist decided Xander should have a RAST test just to be sure he doesn’t have any allergies hiding. They drew some blood yesterday before we left. The results will take one to two weeks to come back. So we wait.

At least the appointment was quick. Xander did great and Linc was very good during the appointment too. (We decided to take Linc with us so he could see where Mommy and Xander go every week. I thought it important for him to get an idea as to what it is Xander and I are doing there.) Since they were both so good, we decided to go the National Aquarium in Baltimore. Of course we had to tell Linc that Mommy and Xander do not do that every week. We told him it was a special visit because he and Xander behaved so well at the docs office.

The boys had a great time. Xander slept through a lot of it but Linc was running all over saying 'Look at this!' 'Look at that!' We did see tons of fishes, sharks, turtles, starfish (my fave), coral, a few lizards, a sleeping snake, flying birds, a monkey and an owl. There was so much to see. There are definitely some very cool looking creatures out there.

Linc had another darndest moment while we were there. One of the tanks had a long, gray fish with red, red gills. Linc stepped up to the tank to look at it. He points to it and says, ‘Mommy! That fish broke his face!’ :D I love the way his brain thinks.

No comments: