Pages

10.16.08

Only the third best day of my whole life ... right behind Mar. 7 - Linc's birth and Nov. 17, Xander's birth. The day we found out Xander had a donor and he recieved his life saving gift!  I did not sleep that night.

October 16 - 10:52pm

Good news. He's out. Things went very well. He is in recovery and we will be able to see him in 30 minutes.

7:06pm

Everything is still going well. His vitals are looking good. He's getting some blood but that's to be expected.

Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. They give us strength and hope.

5:17pm

They are starting to remove Xander's old liver right now. Everything is going well so far. In less than an hour he will no longer have Biliary Atresia. He should have his new attached working liver by 10pm tonight. Will continue to post updates throughout the night.

2:56pm

He's in surgery.

1:55pm

The liver is in the building. Only a matter of time now.

Someone, I shall not name names*, said it was ok to turn Xander's feeds back on. A while later one of the transplant surgeons came in and freaked. He yelled wanting to know who turned his feeds back on. Glad it wasn't me. Anyway because they turned his feeds on they now have to suck the contents of his stomach out so he's empty for surgery. Needless to say I am not happy.

We're trying to keep our heads. It's so hard.

*For the record, Ron had nothing to do with turning the feeds back on.

9:17am

Johns Hopkins has sent one of their adult liver transplant surgeons up to New Jersey to procure the organ. He is up there as I type this. We have been told the donor is an teenager old who was injured in a football game. They will be splitting his liver.

Please pray for the family of the young man. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

8:11am

Still waiting to hear something...anything...

1:27am

Pray for Xander. The nurse just came in and said there was a possibility he may get a liver in the morning. They have turned his feeds off in case he goes in for surgery.

I am praying hard for this to be real.

No comments: